OK people out in the blogosphere…being the total music lover that I am (yes I am old enough to say that I remember when MTV used to play music videos instead of the riveting tales of life on the Jersey Shore… sheesh who knew watching people tan could be so entertaining?!)… I HAD to participate in this week’s Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday! Thank you Jen Kehl @ http://jenkehl.com/music/twisted-mixtape-tuesday-9/ for creating this Blog Hop for sadistic music freaks like myself!
OK so back to the mission at hand…here are my top 5 songs that I LOVE to belt out in my car…yes with all of the window’s down…Megaphone proudly hanging from my face with of course an annoyed audience of fellow commuters so HAPPY to hear my out of tune version of the following:
1. Oh Sherry-Steve Perry-Yes…I am a Journey/Steve Perry freak! Who doesn’t love a video that has a Prince and a Princess in it? Disney apparently was Steve Perry’s muse here….hmmm wondering if the girl in the video is an Aquanet’d version of Cinderella? You be the judge…
2. Dancing Queen-ABBA-OK…so I am also an ABBA loving dork! Every time I hear this song I want to put on a pair of white boots with a gold fish in the heel and get my groove on! Watching this video also makes me want to get some SERIOUS bangs….and curl them under! NICE!
3. I Want To Know What Love Is-Foreigner-This is just one Bad @$$ ballad…I have NO idea how many dogs joined in with me when I belted out this tune…kind of sounded like the hyena’s on The Lion King but I really don’t care…this song is the SHIZZ!
4. Heartbreaker-Pat Benatar-I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, put this song on when I need to get my confidence on and kick some @$$ at work! This is where I say BRING IT…OK maybe not sooo much like Mike Tyson but maybe more along the lines of Hong Kong Phooey…but the intent is still the same!
5. Billy Jean-Michael Jackson-What can I say…this song is just CLASSIC!
Soooo…this is the list! If you hear some crazy lady belting out tunes in her car with her daughter in the back seat wearing noise cancelling headphones on her poor little head…ah yeah…that would sadly be me! Happy listening!
Oh BTW…in case you all in the blogosphere were wondering…I do listen to other songs that are in our decade…I am NOT THAT OLD! Sheesh! I know who Britney is B*! HA! J
What am I listening to as I pen this bloggary: RESPECT, by Aretha Franklin.