Monday, May 27, 2013

Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday Blog


OK people out in the blogosphere…being the total music lover that I am (yes I am old enough to say that I remember when MTV used to play music videos instead of the riveting tales of life on the Jersey Shore… sheesh who knew watching people tan could be so entertaining?!)… I HAD to participate in this week’s Twisted Mix Tape Tuesday!  Thank you Jen Kehl @ http://jenkehl.com/music/twisted-mixtape-tuesday-9/ for creating this Blog Hop for sadistic music freaks like myself! 

OK so back to the mission at hand…here are my top 5 songs that I LOVE to belt out in my car…yes with all of the window’s down…Megaphone proudly hanging from my face with of course an annoyed audience of fellow commuters so HAPPY to hear my out of tune version of the following: 

1.       Oh Sherry-Steve Perry-Yes…I am a Journey/Steve Perry freak!  Who doesn’t love a video that has a Prince and a Princess in it?  Disney apparently was Steve Perry’s muse here….hmmm wondering if the girl in the video is an Aquanet’d version of Cinderella?  You be the judge…


2.       Dancing Queen-ABBA-OK…so I am also an ABBA loving dork!  Every time I hear this song I want to put on a pair of white boots with a gold fish in the heel and get my groove on! Watching this video also makes me want to get some SERIOUS bangs….and curl them under!  NICE!


3.        I Want To Know What Love Is-Foreigner-This is just one Bad @$$ ballad…I have NO idea how many dogs joined in with me when I belted out this tune…kind of sounded like the hyena’s on The Lion King but I really don’t care…this song is the SHIZZ!


4.       Heartbreaker-Pat Benatar-I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, put this song on when I need to get my confidence on and kick some @$$ at work!  This is where I say BRING IT…OK maybe not sooo much like Mike Tyson but maybe more along the lines of Hong Kong Phooey…but the intent is still the same! 


5.       Billy Jean-Michael Jackson-What can I say…this song is just CLASSIC!


 
 

Soooo…this is the list!  If you hear some crazy lady belting out tunes in her car with her daughter in the back seat wearing noise cancelling headphones on her poor little head…ah yeah…that would sadly be me!  Happy listening!

 

Oh BTW…in case you all in the blogosphere were wondering…I do listen to other songs that are in our decade…I am NOT THAT OLD!  Sheesh! I know who Britney is B*!  HA!  J  

 

 

What am I listening to as I pen this bloggary:  RESPECT, by Aretha Franklin.

 

 

14 comments:

  1. I love that you're rockin it old school! Cause that's how I rock, as you know :-) I had "I want to know what love is" on my long list, it's funny how many songs I have in common with you fellow music freaks. I guess when it jams it jams. My son has noise canceling headphones too :-) although he did help me pick some songs. I'm trying to train him now while I still have semblance of control :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to tell you that I literally can communicate with the wolves when I belt out that Foreigner song...it's pretty impressive! My poor daughter is going to be sooo traumatized by the time she reaches her teenage years but all I can say is that the girl will know how to belt out a good old school jam! :)

      Delete
  2. This is my kind of list - Dancing Queen was on mine too. And I won't notice if you are jamming like crazy in your car, because I'll be too busy doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE ABBA! I could literally listen to them all day and be completely OK with it...well everyone else not so much but whatever...they need to send out an SOS for some good ol' fashioned therapy when that happens! HAHAHAHAHAAA!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I contemplated putting ABBA, Pat Benatar and Michael Jackson on my list, and even pondered on Journey. Get out of my head!! :) And as Dana said, I'll be jamming, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This list was SO HARD to narrow down to just 5...I was tempted to put Soft Cell Tainted Love on the list as well...so now I bet that song is in your head now too! You can thank me later! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh that Steve Perry song! So much fun to sing it. That song brings back memories. Journey is just the best time singing. I've got to download their greatest hits so I can have me a solo karaoke session!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that Oh Sherry sounds really good in the car and also in a bathroom...OK that is a total OVERSHARE moment BUT the acoustics in the bathroom are pretty good especially when you are singing Journey or Steve Perry! OK...overshare moment over... ;)

      Delete
  5. Great list! Your daughter sounds very respectful and well behaved. My kids are screaming from the backseat for me to "turn that old people music off!" Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Kim...this is what you do...get in your car and start BLASTING some Beastie Boys-No Sleep to Brooklyn...at the mall...when you are picking them up...in front of all of their friends! They will NEVER complain about old people music ever again... ;)

      Delete
  6. "...find out what it means to me!"

    lol

    nice variety (of styles and volume-required). I pulled into the parking lot of my office today as 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' came on the radio... I noticed looks from my associates once they identified the source of the muffled Metallica...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is so funny...I was going to work this morning and I was blasting Metallica-Enter Sandman...in my husband's big ol' truck! You are correct at the weird looks that people give you when they see who is ROCKIN' it Metallica style...PRICELESS!

      Delete
  7. Jen's prompt this week was fun but now you all have reminded me of every song that manages to weasel it's way into my brain for days on end. More power to you for singing even when your daughter was looking. My oldest is three and he just yells at me to stop when I'm singing in the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my daughter is a big ol' music dork too...we belt out Katy Perry-Firework at the top of our lungs in the car! Yes...we can all thank Madagascar 3 for being her muse here! ;)

      Delete